Photo #82: March 23
Finally got to open my birthday gifts! Love them all, especially the Astro Boy stuff! Thank you! ♥
Photo #79: March 20
“You can thank your stars all you want, but I’ll always be the lucky one!”
Most of the birthday greets I received described me as lucky, and I couldn’t agree more. I am lucky to have family members who are also my friends and friends who are also my family. Makes sense? Celebrated my 27th birthday with some of my Rusher friends. I had two birthday cakes, yey! I know this collage doesn’t cover everything that happened, but I hope the caption would suffice haha THANK YOU! ♥
p.s. I have yet to open the non-food gifts, but I plan to open them later (after working on an article haha gotta earn pa rin!) ♥
Photo #34: February 3
Another fun and successful book launch & signing event for the Kikay Barkada! ♥ Complete pictures:https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151309548794332.474038.725109331&type=1 Cheers! ♥
Photo #17: January 17
Received this postcard from Tippy of googly gooeys! So sweet of her! ♥ She’s one of the sweetest Rushers I know! ^_^ Thank you!!! ♥
Yehes, I have a year-end blog entry! I’ll start with some of the highlights for each month:
- My dear Leo won two Asha phones for his “Why do you QWERTY?” essay.
- Mikey Bustos replied to my tweet and I got to meet him in person thanks to The Morning Rush!
- I was able to attend the first book signing of Chico and Delamar!
- I passed my resignation letter!
- I resigned after working for three years at Chungdahm! One of the best decisions I made haha =p And then I started to work AT home, thanks to Odesk!
- Leo and I won a GC each for an overnight stay for two with buffet breakfast at the Holiday Inn! Yes, we both won!
- After nearly six years in the US, my father came home! :’) He arrived in time for my 26th birthday and my brother’s graduation! <3
- As a major gift for the years he was away, Papa made sure we had a family trip abroad: we went to Singapore! I met some of the SG Rushers there!
- Watched Greyson Chance‘s concert, thanks to RX!
- Got to use the Holiday Inn overnight GC; my siblings and I stayed there after watching “The Avengers” (thanks to Lenovo!)
- The biggest and one of the most important events ever: my parents and brother migrated to the US, leaving me and my sister here.
- Celebrated our 22nd month by staying at the Picasso hotel in Makati! Leo won that overnight stay in December of 2011.
- We were able to watch Lifehouse concert because first, Leo won Upper box B tickets thanks to Dayly Entertainment, and second, because of my RX friend Arden (a.k.a Alpha of Radio One before), we suddenly found ourselves in the Lower Box section! Lucky much!
- Leo and I watched another concert for free: ICONS at the MOA Arena. I won the tickets via Guestlist.ph
- I learned how to cook, like really cook. Haha! My first masterpiece: I was able to replicate my mom’s carbonara!
- Leo won another phone, an Alcatel Glory X918 thanks to the Morning Rush! We sold the phone to a fellow rusher hehe
- Back to watching the UP Fighting Maroons Men’s Basketball team’s games live! UP FIGHT!
- Leo and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary! We used the money we got from selling the Alcatel phone he won and we also used the Holiday Inn GC he won last February. <3
- Thanks to Fofo Lifestyle, I was able to organize my first give-away on the UP Fighting Maroons’ fan page!
- Potted Potter!!! So funny! A must-see parody whether you’re a fan of the Harry Potter series or not.
- Leo won another phone on The Morning Rush again!!! This time, it’s a high-end one and so far, the first of it’s kind: a Samsung Galaxy Beam. It has a projector!!!
- The UP Pep Squad won this year’s Cheering Competition again! Woot! I also got to meet some of them thanks to The Morning Rush!
- I finally got to see Delamar’s son – the very handsome Cooper – in person! <3
- Got to meet Vice Ganda, thanks again to the Morning Rush!
- I bought a new camera, an IXUS 1100! It’s so much better than the old one!
- Leo and I finally got to try Yabu: House of Katsu! Great food, quality service!
- Leo claimed the Samsung Galaxy Beam he won and we decided to keep it. It is both ours, but I’m the one who’s currently using it. Because of that phone, I finally created an Instagram account!
- Attended my first Rusher badminton EB, but I didn’t play haha =p
- Attended my first official bloggers’ event!
- Got to watch “Rise of the Guardians” at IMAX thanks to Pinoy Exchange! One of my favorite movies of the year!
- Had a lot of food trips with Leo and some of my closest Rusher friends!
- The Morning Rush Book 2! Leo and I have entries yey!
- Was able to secure premium tickets to The Script’s concert next year! I’ll be watching them in the front row woohoo! Thank you to LT for the help!
- Hosted my first ever house party; it was tiring but I felt really happy! <3
- I found a new daddy – Davidson hahahaha One of my favorite Rushers! He’s so funny and makulit!
- I got to meet my idol – TunaBeli!!! <3 He’s one of the original Rusher legends, and he’s really nice!
- Completed my third Project 365! Can’t wait to begin my 4th one tomorrow!
Whew! It’s been a really, really fruitful year! I won prizes for each month of 2012, even Leo had his share, and we’ve won a lot of huge prizes! Well, whether big or small, a prize is still a prize, and we’re really grateful and we feel truly blessed.
2012 has also taught me to become more independent as I am now in charge of our house: cleaning it, paying bills, maintaining our cars, doing house chores, etc. Working at home has a lot of perks, and I am really thankful that even if I’m earning less now, I actually am able to save more than when I was working in an office!
I miss my parents and brother, but thanks to my sister, my boyfriend, and my friends (particularly the Circle of Winners and Rushers), the loneliness I feel sometimes is kept at bay. I love you all! <3 Here’s to more wins, love, friends, fun, good luck, good vibes, and blessings!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! <3
P.S. Aside from Leo, I would like to mention some of the people I feel closest to or have at least earned my trust as a friend (ang taray hahaha). From the Circle of Winners: Geraldine, Jesfer, and Shiela – thank you for the continued friendship even if some of us have already left Chungdahm. From the Rushers (for easier identification, I shall mention your Rusher names): KittRitch, Cryptoverbalist, TonioMarkopio, MashedPlutonium, Czarovic, and Ahltitude – Here’s to more Viberations and food trips hahaha! <3 Love you guys! ^^
Photo #348: December 13
Thank you to Mark for giving me a copy of this! I was about to buy it when he told me he already bought one for me! The first thing I did? I checked my entries, of course! Hahahaha! It’s not everyday that you get to see your codename in a book! I only have 4 entries, but it’s okay! At least may pumasok pa rin! I had more in Book 1, but again, I am thankful that I am still part of Book 2, especially when I was expecting not to have any entry because of being on the PM shift for quite some time. Leo made it, too! A friend said we’re the “Team Book 2 labtim” HAHAHA =p Cheers!
Photo #309: November 4
My collection’s growing!!! Thank you to really thoughtful friends! These are the bigger ones; I have many small Astro Boy toys, some of which I haven’t removed from their respective boxes! ♥ Anyway, the latest one I received is the one in the center – the smallest Astro Boy coin bank ^^
Photo #195: July 13
Received my orders from Mini Polaroid Magnets! SUPER CUTE!!!! The owner is a Rusher, by the way. She’s actually the one who asked if I’m the same Astroboy on The Morning Rush
Photo #143: May 22
Caesar tweeted me this picture! Thank you! ♥