Photo #46: February 15
Received some Valentine chocolate hearts from Leo hihi kilig! Thanks, dear! Love you! <3
Photo #46: February 15
Received some Valentine chocolate hearts from Leo hihi kilig! Thanks, dear! Love you! <3
Another year is about to end, so it’s time for another year-end blog entry! And like what I did for my year-end post for 2012, I’ll start with the highlights for each month.
- A shocking message from my brother made us worried: our dad had a major heart attack in the US. Thankfully, he survived. Two arteries were totally blocked, while a third one still had a 20-percent opening, which saved his life. What a way to start our 2012!
- Watched my first concert of the year thanks to the tickets that Geraldine won via the Araneta Coliseum’s fan page! Jessica Sanchez is good, but she could have sung way better.
- Won my first major prize of the year: an overnight stay with breakfast for 2 at Sofitel Manila! Thanks to ETC!
- Celebrated my 27th birthday at North Park Araneta! Though my family isn’t complete, I’m glad I have friends who made it special. <3
- I was chosen by Insular Life to be part of their 2012 Annual Report, so I was interviewed and had a photoshoot! It was awesome!
- Watched The Script’s second concert in Manila, and this time, Leo and I were in the FRONT ROW!!! It was so amazing, we were even interviewed by MYX after! SO WORTH EVERY PESO!!!
- Started the “Astro Raffle” wherein I usually give away extra movie premiere tickets!
- My boyfriend won an iPad 2 thanks to the BPI Load Your Life contest on The Morning Rush! Since he already has an iPad, we agreed that I should use it.
- Attended another concert of Jason Mraz, it’s the second time for me and Leo to watch him live. We were 7 rows away from the stage!
- Insular Life’s 2012 Annual Report came out and I’m so happy with the final product! Hihi! Thank you to Ms. Mitch a.k.a. Pomelomelo for choosing me to be part of it!!
- Celebrated Leo’s 28th birthday at Vikings in SM Marikina.
- Gave away a pack of Green Tea Kit Kat and the most deserving one won: Tons! He changed the lyrics of “My Humps” and gamely convinced me to give him the prize! So funny!
- Celebrated our 3rd anniversary! <3 More years to come!!!
- Watched one of the most talked-about movies of 2012: “The Conjuring”! Thanks to 103.5 KLite for the tickets!
- Won another gadget, but this time it’s an iPad Mini! Thanks to IDP Philippines!
- Attended a wedding of two of our closest friends: Jammy and Shiela. <3
- Won two tickets to the concert of Smash Mouth, Sugar Ray, and Gin Blossoms, thanks to PSResibo on Instagram! The concert lasted until 1am!
- Started working in the corporate world again – I am now a Deals Associate at Lovable Commerce, particularly of OkayOkay. Really thankful for this job!
- Started something new: RUNNING! So surprising, right?! Although I’m doing it for fun, not to lose weight. Haha! No pressure!!!
- Completed my first official 10K run: Nike We Run Manila 2013!
- Completed my 4th Project 365!!!! Will begin my 5th one tomorrow!!!
- One of my closest friends, Levi, is no longer single!!! Woot! <3
- Unfortunately, our beloved dog, Rage, died on this last day of 2013. Enjoy doggy heaven, dear Rage!
Overall, 2013 has been a year full of 3 Fs: food, friends, and fun!
Food: I’ve been discovering a lot of great eating places in Marikina and I’m so glad that a lot of my friends (hello, Kit, Levi, Tons!!!) are also avid foodies!
Friends: aside from attending birthday celebrations, I got to see my friends a lot this 2013, particularly my Rusher friends, because of the movie premieres (I was able to attend all the Monster Movie Premieres of RX 93.1, save for one: “Les Miserables.” However, since the screening was cancelled due to technical difficulties, technically, I did watch all of their movies for 2013!) and food trips we’ve been to. The Empire was also established and is composed of Familia Pesto, Familia Batalla, Neyvs, The Weird Ones, and even the Runner Rushers! So many subgroups, but with so many common denominators, it’s like we’re one big happy family!
Fun: when you combine food and friends, you get a lot of fun! Laughter is abundant, stories are endless, and good vibes just keep flowing!
I know that 2014 will be as great as 2013, maybe even better. My parents and brother are in the US, but thanks to so many messaging apps, it’s easy to stay in touch with them. I am thankful that I still have my sister, boyfriend, and friends here, and all of them are worth more than any prize I have won. <3
P.S. I feel I’ve grown closer to two people this year: Levi and Tons (sana di lang feeling close hahaha!). Levi, like I’ve already told you, Leo thinks (and I agree hehe) that you’re my male version because we’re both jolly, we both love food, and we have plenty of stories to share! Tons, you are one of my favorite dates to movie premieres and I love your creativity, humor, and even your EMO sessions wahaha! Looking forward to more food trips and running activities (weh, di nga?! hahaha) with you guys! <3
Photo #363: December 29
I may be feeling lazy today, but when it comes to opening presents, laziness can be forgotten for a while!
Thank you, Cherrie, Madison, Kit,and Marj-jham for the writing materials and pen holder! Writing is one of my passions and no matter how many pens or notebooks/pads I get, I always enjoy receiving them! I will place them on my office desk!
Thank you, Mark, Eugene, and Kit for the sweets, you guys truly know how to make life sweeter! Ate Uge, ALMONDS!!! Tons, ohmygosh, when I opened your gift, my eyes were like O.O hahaha! Chocolates, nuts, and cookies, yum!!!
Thank you, Che for the kikay hand wash, I will use it before and after eating all the sweets I received hahaha!
Thank you, Jonathan for the super cool and useful mobile phone stand slash USB hub!!! I can’t wait to use it; I’ll also bring it to work.
Indeed, it is nice to receive presents, but it is also nice to have friends who know what you want/need. Friends are some of the greatest gifts anyone can have! <3
Photo #286: October 13
After grocery shopping, Leo and I had lunch at Rai Rai Ken in SM Masinag. He had a beef bowl, I had a beef misono-tempura bento box, and we shared a bowl of really yummy seafood hotpot ramen. We further whetted our appetites by watching “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2″! Berry and the marshmallows!!! So cute!
Photo #79: March 20
“You can thank your stars all you want, but I’ll always be the lucky one!”
Most of the birthday greets I received described me as lucky, and I couldn’t agree more. I am lucky to have family members who are also my friends and friends who are also my family. Makes sense? Celebrated my 27th birthday with some of my Rusher friends. I had two birthday cakes, yey! I know this collage doesn’t cover everything that happened, but I hope the caption would suffice haha THANK YOU! ♥
p.s. I have yet to open the non-food gifts, but I plan to open them later (after working on an article haha gotta earn pa rin!) ♥
Yehes, I have a year-end blog entry! I’ll start with some of the highlights for each month:
- My dear Leo won two Asha phones for his “Why do you QWERTY?” essay.
- Mikey Bustos replied to my tweet and I got to meet him in person thanks to The Morning Rush!
- I was able to attend the first book signing of Chico and Delamar!
- I passed my resignation letter!
- I resigned after working for three years at Chungdahm! One of the best decisions I made haha =p And then I started to work AT home, thanks to Odesk!
- Leo and I won a GC each for an overnight stay for two with buffet breakfast at the Holiday Inn! Yes, we both won!
- After nearly six years in the US, my father came home! :’) He arrived in time for my 26th birthday and my brother’s graduation! <3
- As a major gift for the years he was away, Papa made sure we had a family trip abroad: we went to Singapore! I met some of the SG Rushers there!
- Watched Greyson Chance‘s concert, thanks to RX!
- Got to use the Holiday Inn overnight GC; my siblings and I stayed there after watching “The Avengers” (thanks to Lenovo!)
- The biggest and one of the most important events ever: my parents and brother migrated to the US, leaving me and my sister here.
- Celebrated our 22nd month by staying at the Picasso hotel in Makati! Leo won that overnight stay in December of 2011.
- We were able to watch Lifehouse concert because first, Leo won Upper box B tickets thanks to Dayly Entertainment, and second, because of my RX friend Arden (a.k.a Alpha of Radio One before), we suddenly found ourselves in the Lower Box section! Lucky much!
- Leo and I watched another concert for free: ICONS at the MOA Arena. I won the tickets via Guestlist.ph
- I learned how to cook, like really cook. Haha! My first masterpiece: I was able to replicate my mom’s carbonara!
- Leo won another phone, an Alcatel Glory X918 thanks to the Morning Rush! We sold the phone to a fellow rusher hehe
- Back to watching the UP Fighting Maroons Men’s Basketball team’s games live! UP FIGHT!
- Leo and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary! We used the money we got from selling the Alcatel phone he won and we also used the Holiday Inn GC he won last February. <3
- Thanks to Fofo Lifestyle, I was able to organize my first give-away on the UP Fighting Maroons’ fan page!
- Potted Potter!!! So funny! A must-see parody whether you’re a fan of the Harry Potter series or not.
- Leo won another phone on The Morning Rush again!!! This time, it’s a high-end one and so far, the first of it’s kind: a Samsung Galaxy Beam. It has a projector!!!
- The UP Pep Squad won this year’s Cheering Competition again! Woot! I also got to meet some of them thanks to The Morning Rush!
- I finally got to see Delamar’s son – the very handsome Cooper – in person! <3
- Got to meet Vice Ganda, thanks again to the Morning Rush!
- I bought a new camera, an IXUS 1100! It’s so much better than the old one!
- Leo and I finally got to try Yabu: House of Katsu! Great food, quality service!
- Leo claimed the Samsung Galaxy Beam he won and we decided to keep it. It is both ours, but I’m the one who’s currently using it. Because of that phone, I finally created an Instagram account!
- Attended my first Rusher badminton EB, but I didn’t play haha =p
- Attended my first official bloggers’ event!
- Got to watch “Rise of the Guardians” at IMAX thanks to Pinoy Exchange! One of my favorite movies of the year!
- Had a lot of food trips with Leo and some of my closest Rusher friends!
- The Morning Rush Book 2! Leo and I have entries yey!
- Was able to secure premium tickets to The Script’s concert next year! I’ll be watching them in the front row woohoo! Thank you to LT for the help!
- Hosted my first ever house party; it was tiring but I felt really happy! <3
- I found a new daddy – Davidson hahahaha One of my favorite Rushers! He’s so funny and makulit!
- I got to meet my idol – TunaBeli!!! <3 He’s one of the original Rusher legends, and he’s really nice!
- Completed my third Project 365! Can’t wait to begin my 4th one tomorrow!
Whew! It’s been a really, really fruitful year! I won prizes for each month of 2012, even Leo had his share, and we’ve won a lot of huge prizes! Well, whether big or small, a prize is still a prize, and we’re really grateful and we feel truly blessed.
2012 has also taught me to become more independent as I am now in charge of our house: cleaning it, paying bills, maintaining our cars, doing house chores, etc. Working at home has a lot of perks, and I am really thankful that even if I’m earning less now, I actually am able to save more than when I was working in an office!
I miss my parents and brother, but thanks to my sister, my boyfriend, and my friends (particularly the Circle of Winners and Rushers), the loneliness I feel sometimes is kept at bay. I love you all! <3 Here’s to more wins, love, friends, fun, good luck, good vibes, and blessings!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! <3
P.S. Aside from Leo, I would like to mention some of the people I feel closest to or have at least earned my trust as a friend (ang taray hahaha). From the Circle of Winners: Geraldine, Jesfer, and Shiela – thank you for the continued friendship even if some of us have already left Chungdahm. From the Rushers (for easier identification, I shall mention your Rusher names): KittRitch, Cryptoverbalist, TonioMarkopio, MashedPlutonium, Czarovic, and Ahltitude – Here’s to more Viberations and food trips hahaha! <3 Love you guys! ^^
Photo #172: June 20
Ehhhhhh I got so kilig and I even cried while watching this! ♥ True love knows no age!!! Until now I’m super smiling! Oh, and this movie reminded me of this:
BF: Alam mo ba ang pangarap ko sa buhay?
GF: Hmm yumaman at magkaroon ng madaming kotse?
BF: Hindi…pangarap ko ay sumakay sa jeep kasama ka…
GF: Yun lang?!
BF: …at sabihing “bayad po, dalawang senior.”