Photo #221: August 9
Filed my 1701Q for the second quarter – that’s 6 days before the deadline (August 15). I am posting this mainly to help specific individuals: fellow RareJob tutors whose sole source of income is from teaching online and whose earnings this year already exceeded P250,000. However, this could probably apply to other self-employed professionals, too. If you’re still unsure, please, please ask your RDO.
1) If you feel/know that your income is already over P250,000, request for your 2307 from tutor support via email. The 2307 we have on the tutor site is not yet updated due to the tax changes under the TRAIN law.
2) Open the eBIRForms app (version 7.1). After filling out the necessary info on the home page, choose BIR Form 1701Qv2018 Quarterly Income Tax Return for Individuals, Estates, and Trusts (NEW) from the drop-down menu.
3) On page 1, choose 11017 Income from Profession – 8% Rate. Once you do, the second option in box 16 Tax Rate will be automatically ticked: 8% on gross sales/receipts…
4) On page 2, under Schedule II – For IT 8% Rate, input your gross sales for the 2nd quarter (47A). For RareJob tutors whose sole income is from RJ, this is the sum of our March, April, and May 2018 tutor fees, which we received in April, May, and June respectively.
5) In box 50, input your first quarter sales (box 51 in your Q1 1701Q form). Then in box 52A, input 250, 000 (allowable reduction). Lastly, in box 58A, input the tax withheld reflected on your 2307.
6) Validate the form and submit it. If you have to pay anything, print the form in triplicate, and visit any of your RDO’s accredited banks.