Yehes, I have a year-end blog entry! 😀 I’ll start with some of the highlights for each month:
– My dear Leo won two Asha phones for his “Why do you QWERTY?” essay.
– Mikey Bustos replied to my tweet and I got to meet him in person thanks to The Morning Rush!
– I was able to attend the first book signing of Chico and Delamar! 🙂
– I passed my resignation letter!
– I resigned after working for three years at Chungdahm! One of the best decisions I made haha =p And then I started to work AT home, thanks to Odesk!
– Leo and I won a GC each for an overnight stay for two with buffet breakfast at the Holiday Inn! Yes, we both won! 😀
– After nearly six years in the US, my father came home! :’) He arrived in time for my 26th birthday and my brother’s graduation! ❤
– As a major gift for the years he was away, Papa made sure we had a family trip abroad: we went to Singapore! I met some of the SG Rushers there!
– Watched Greyson Chance‘s concert, thanks to RX!
– Got to use the Holiday Inn overnight GC; my siblings and I stayed there after watching “The Avengers” (thanks to Lenovo!)
– The biggest and one of the most important events ever: my parents and brother migrated to the US, leaving me and my sister here. 😦
– Celebrated our 22nd month by staying at the Picasso hotel in Makati! Leo won that overnight stay in December of 2011. 🙂
– We were able to watch Lifehouse concert because first, Leo won Upper box B tickets thanks to Dayly Entertainment, and second, because of my RX friend Arden (a.k.a Alpha of Radio One before), we suddenly found ourselves in the Lower Box section! Lucky much! 😀
– Leo and I watched another concert for free: ICONS at the MOA Arena. I won the tickets via Guestlist.ph 🙂
– I learned how to cook, like really cook. Haha! My first masterpiece: I was able to replicate my mom’s carbonara!
– Leo won another phone, an Alcatel Glory X918 thanks to the Morning Rush! We sold the phone to a fellow rusher hehe 😀
– Back to watching the UP Fighting Maroons Men’s Basketball team’s games live! UP FIGHT!
– Leo and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary! We used the money we got from selling the Alcatel phone he won and we also used the Holiday Inn GC he won last February. ❤
– Thanks to Fofo Lifestyle, I was able to organize my first give-away on the UP Fighting Maroons’ fan page! 🙂
– Potted Potter!!! So funny! 😀 A must-see parody whether you’re a fan of the Harry Potter series or not. 🙂
– Leo won another phone on The Morning Rush again!!! This time, it’s a high-end one and so far, the first of it’s kind: a Samsung Galaxy Beam. It has a projector!!!
– The UP Pep Squad won this year’s Cheering Competition again! Woot! I also got to meet some of them thanks to The Morning Rush!
– I finally got to see Delamar’s son – the very handsome Cooper – in person! ❤
– Got to meet Vice Ganda, thanks again to the Morning Rush!
– I bought a new camera, an IXUS 1100! It’s so much better than the old one!
– Leo and I finally got to try Yabu: House of Katsu! Great food, quality service!
– Leo claimed the Samsung Galaxy Beam he won and we decided to keep it. It is both ours, but I’m the one who’s currently using it. 🙂 Because of that phone, I finally created an Instagram account!
– Attended my first Rusher badminton EB, but I didn’t play haha =p
– Attended my first official bloggers’ event!
– Got to watch “Rise of the Guardians” at IMAX thanks to Pinoy Exchange! One of my favorite movies of the year!
– Had a lot of food trips with Leo and some of my closest Rusher friends!
– The Morning Rush Book 2! Leo and I have entries yey!
– Was able to secure premium tickets to The Script’s concert next year! I’ll be watching them in the front row woohoo! Thank you to LT for the help! 🙂
– Hosted my first ever house party; it was tiring but I felt really happy! ❤
– I found a new daddy – Davidson hahahaha 😀 One of my favorite Rushers! He’s so funny and makulit!
– I got to meet my idol – TunaBeli!!! ❤ He’s one of the original Rusher legends, and he’s really nice! 🙂
– Completed my third Project 365! Can’t wait to begin my 4th one tomorrow!
Whew! It’s been a really, really fruitful year! I won prizes for each month of 2012, even Leo had his share, and we’ve won a lot of huge prizes! 😀 Well, whether big or small, a prize is still a prize, and we’re really grateful and we feel truly blessed.
2012 has also taught me to become more independent as I am now in charge of our house: cleaning it, paying bills, maintaining our cars, doing house chores, etc. Working at home has a lot of perks, and I am really thankful that even if I’m earning less now, I actually am able to save more than when I was working in an office!
I miss my parents and brother, but thanks to my sister, my boyfriend, and my friends (particularly the Circle of Winners and Rushers), the loneliness I feel sometimes is kept at bay. I love you all! ❤ Here’s to more wins, love, friends, fun, good luck, good vibes, and blessings!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! ❤
P.S. Aside from Leo, I would like to mention some of the people I feel closest to or have at least earned my trust as a friend (ang taray hahaha). From the Circle of Winners: Geraldine, Jesfer, and Shiela – thank you for the continued friendship even if some of us have already left Chungdahm. From the Rushers (for easier identification, I shall mention your Rusher names): KittRitch, Cryptoverbalist, TonioMarkopio, MashedPlutonium, Czarovic, and Ahltitude – Here’s to more Viberations and food trips hahaha! ❤ Love you guys! ^^